Fu Jen Catholic University
The Establishment of Fu Jen Catholic University
|．In 1925, American Benedictine was established in Beijing and was named " Beijing Fu Jen Catholic University Affiliated Society."
．In 1927, the school name was officially changed to “Fu Jen Catholic University” according to "The superior man on grounds of culture meets with his friends, and by friendship helps his virtue." taken from <Anklets>.
．In 1952, the University merged with Beijing Normal University because of faculty adjustment.
．In 1959, Pope John appointed Yu Bin as the first principal to make arrangement for the re-opening of the University.
．In 1963, undergraduate school started to recruit students
．In 1969, evening school was officially opened.
So far, Fu Jen Catholic University has 11 faculties. The hospital affiliated with the University is expected to be completed in 2017.
In talents cultivation, Fu Jen Catholic University lays emphasis on generalists and specialists education. The University dedicates to the cultivation of humanistic spirit so that the students can lead rich lives and have noble attitude. Besides, the University has established sister school partnership with many foreign well-known universities in order to promote cultural exchange and enhance the international status of the school.
School Motto--Truth, Goodness, Beauty, and Holiness.
．Truth means the pursuit of truth.