In October of 1963, our university established the Department of Industrializing Business Administration, in which was later changed to the Department of Business Administration in 1966,in order to conform to the National Economic Planning and Development in developing managerial talent required by the industrialized business world, Starting from the year of 1987, the Department of Business Administration selected "Group Majoring" as a learning method for students to freely be able to select from the five curriculums in which they showed interest in. The five curriculums consisted of Marketing, Human Resources, Production & Operations, Finance, and Information Management, etc. Also, from the beginning of 1991, due to major course changes, the number of curriculums diminished to a mere 4 consisting of Marketing, Human Resources, Production & Operations, and Finance. Students were allowed to choose only one of the curriculums to attend. If grades reached a certain standard, then a certificate would be awarded for his/her accomplishment in that curriculum. Any student receiving this certificate would have better employment opportunities in the future. This is still in effect as of today.
• Be able to use their management expertise to solve problems related to their specialty. This learning goal is met through a year long project.
• Be able to thinking system innovatively. This learning goal is met through case studies and a year long project.
• Be able use teamwork and collaboration in the accomplishment of group tasks. This learning goal is met through projects.
• Be able to explain management theory. This learning goal is met through course embedded exams.
• Be able to view management problems with an international perspective. This learning goal is met through courses taught in English, and courses taught by foreigners
• Be able to make the best use of information technology. This learning goal is met through embedded exams.
•To make the teaching and the research more substantial, Department of Business Administration is active in employing and cultivating teachers in specialized fields. Courses are designed to meet the need of the market with the concentration on the problem- solving to integrate every discipline in every field. Many famous teachers in Department of Business Administration have participated in designing courses and they will continue to cooperate actively in the future.
•Every year, the teachers and the alumni get united to hold business administration seminar to make contributions to the enterprise in the community. Seminars like these offer a way for small and medium-sized enterprises to exchange knowledge and share experiences, which can help small and medium-sized enterprises to cultivate their talents in internationalization. The cooperation between the department and other companies, case studies and visiting enterprises will strengthen the interaction among teachers, students and the business field.
•The presentation of case studies in the fourth year is held every year to offer students a chance to gather what they have learned together, which is also an opportunity to demonstrate their achievement to all people. Moreover, cooperating with in the activities that help students to find a job increase the advantage of students in Department of Business Administration. We also encourage students to participate competitions outside of the school, which ends in many good results.